Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dancing with the Woz

kw: observations, popular culture, dancing

A couple years ago our old 19-inch TV died. Warned of the impending digital switchover (we use an antenna, only), we got a set that can tune in anything, analog or digital. I think it has four kinds of tuners in it. It is not that much bigger at 26 inches, but it does excellent HD at 1080i. I guess I could have predicted that, once we could watch better-looking TV we would watch more.

Last evening my wife just had to see Shawn Johnson dance (with partner Mark Ballas) on Dancing with the Stars, so we watched the second half. An unexpected treat was seeing Steve Wozniak dance, shown here with partner Karina Smirnoff. They did the Cha-Cha. I didn't realize that the Cha-Cha is considered a ballroom dance, or that it's done with a partner!

The Woz did a creditable job, though he got the lowest score of the night. It was amusing to see his banter with the judges; nobody else said nearly as much. I suspect his popularity will push him onward for another round or two, but I'm rooting for Shawn to win it all.

No comments: