Here's where the time went:
- Saturday afternoon: boxes arrived, built computer, with much help from son (MB MSI P55-GD80, Intel I5-750 CPU). Got it to start booting, but CPU would not complete initialization sequence.
- Sunday afternoon: played around, finally gave up.
- Monday midday: took to a technician.
- Tuesday afternoon: picked it up, paid technician. I'd found the exact one way to mis-locate a jumper and get a partial bootup.
- Tuesday evening: fail to load operating system for a few hours, until I took out the DVD to check it. It was upside down! Load operating system (Win 7 64 bit).
- Wednesday evening: remove old computer from workstation; move new computer to workstation. Obtain antivirus software and get it set up. Load printer/scanner drivers and conrol utility for scanning. Start getting familiar with Win 7 (old computer ran XP).
- Now it is almost 10 PM. Will crash for the night. Must arise early tomorrow, as usual.