Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bad excuse

kw: computers

I really oughta blog daily. I took on a time-consuming pastime: breaking in a new computer, beginning with this post on the 14th. I am a finicky sort, so I spent lots of time getting the right pictures for my wallpaper (Windows 7 "Personalize" lets you have multiple desktop pictures), and even more pictures for my "personal photos" screensaver. There went yesterday.

I did one post a few days ago using Internet Explorer 8, but I don't like some of the things it does in Compose mode, so I have just downloaded Google Chrome, and I am trying that out. I am used to Mozilla Firefox, and will probably install that also.

Meantime, I like Windows 7. My son had Windows Vista on one of his computers until recently, when he upgraded to Windows 7. I have a laptop running Windows XP, which I will probably soon have to upgrade to Windows 7. That is a bigger task, because going from XP to 7 requires reformatting the hard drive, so I have to prepare to reload the full backup. Even if it didn't need reloading, I'd do a full backup before changing operating systems.

I have also installed MS Office 2010, and am getting used to using that. I had Office 2002 on the old machine, and Office 2003 at work. I like them so far, but have just barely got my toes wet.

The dust is dying down, so maybe I can get back to a regular posting schedule now. Stay tuned.

No comments: