Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A more likely response

kw: opinion, politics

In my previous post, I outlines two scenarios that might follow the pregnancy of a candidate's child, if it occurred on the Democratic side. As I wrote, these scenarios were based on the public social positions of the present and former candidates. However, I don't really think the Biden or Obama family would actually behave that way (the Clintons just might). In my experience, when it is their own family on the line, folks are quite a bit more conservative than they are when giving speeches or formulating policy.

Thus I would not expect much difference between the possible actions of the Obamas or Bidens as compared to the Palins, and Senator Obama's statement regarding the situation supports my expectation.

No comments: